Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Lol

Okay, what is it about religion that I can always rely on it to leave me things to write about. Today? Another one of my mom's daily inspirational quote things: "We'd get more out of a sermon if we learned the trick of listening like a Christian rather than like a critic."

What does that mean, exactly? Are we supposed to just blindly believe what is said? Although listening like a critic might convey connotations of listening with an effort to cut something down, I take it as more objective listening; I think it's listening not just for flaws, but to find things that aren't flaws as well. After all, if the sermon actually has the potential to teach something, what harm is there in trying to find errors? If we find them, then we shouldn't've been following the sermon in the first place. If we don't, then it makes the sermon all the more stronger. Right?

1 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger Destiny said...

You have just defined blind faith. I asked my mom why does she believe in Jesus withou question or objectivity, and she said because she has faith, hence blind faith. I will see you in hell; at least they have a jacuzzi.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home