Saturday, October 08, 2005

Spooning

No, I don't mean the oft-cherished curling up with someone you love. I had an experience at work tonight. Work was weird tonight, in any and every sense of the word. But this one was new by me; took the cake; made me shake my head and laugh all at the same time.

We kinda got popped tonight, which was strange given the weather. (Normally rain kills our business.) Anyhoo, I was busy, but not "running around crazy" busy. I was doing something with a table on the top tier, and saw a customer of mine from the bottom tier grab spoons off of another table. First, some background on this chick. She was cute, but my immediate first impression of her was "I'm cute, so that entitles me to be an out-going, controlling pain in the ass." She wasn't rude; polite enough, to be honest with you. But there was a demeanor about her that said "this is how my dinner's going to run tonight." And then she'd look at her boyfriend and seemed to add "Isn't it honey?" But anyway, her taking of the spoons perplexed me, because they didn't have coffee, nor did they look at desert yet. So I wasn't sure what had prompted the need for the extra spoons.

I found out about two minutes later. When I stopped by to check on them, she was busy hanging spoons on her face. (Granted, she polished off probably a half a bottle of wine by this piont, but she was off to begin with.) She had one hanging off her nose, one off her chin, one off her left cheek, and she was working on getting another off her right cheek. I know I must've looked at her cross-eyed, because although her ID could've been fake (it was Jersey; they're easy to duplicate), I was fairly positive that she was older than 8. The boyfriend just says "She's talented, isn't she?" My response was "Are you still working on your dinner ma'am?" "Yes, thank you." And I just nodded and walked off. What else was I suppose to have done? I can understand screwing around with silverware; honestly, I don't have an issue with that. (I still would've looked at her cross-eyed though.) But do you have to take clean silverware off of another table to get his fix? But, when I thought back on it, I did have to laugh, 'cause it was just plain silly. And silly stuff is funny.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home