Sunday, October 23, 2005

Costume Update

It's almost done! I'd say 98%. All that's left is to get my hair dyed (Thursday), air out my boots (currently happening; for some reason, they smell like rotted ass) and get new boot laces (tomorrow, maybe). I opted for dyed hair vs a wig because I don't think a wig will ever look like it should, and maybe my hair won't either, but it'll at least look more natural. If the costume's hair can't look very closely like Cloud's hair, I'd rather it be real hair that looks different than fake hair that looks different, you know? In any event, I can't wait to get a picture up here side by side with the one I have of Cloud, to show off my artistry. That's why I make my own costumes, I think; It's a craft and it takes time and effort to make it turn out right. Those store-bought costumes are such a fuckin' waste of time; they never look any good (unless it's a pre-packaged "St. Pauli Girl" costume on some bombshell blonde, but if that's the case, it's the blonde that looks good rather than the costume).

Also, I finished the open-hand form of tai chi, which is fairly awesome. The short sword form is supposed to be next on the list of things to learn, but I want to ask my instructor if he'll teach me broad sword first, so I can practice with the real buster sword I have. I figure that'll serve two purposes. Firstly, it'll build muscletone in my arms, 'cause that sword's a friggin monster and it'll take a great deal of effort to try to move it with any semblance of control. But also, it'd be pretty cool to not only own a beastly sword like that, but to know how to use it as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home