Saturday, October 01, 2005

Things I've learned


I learned something about myself tonight. I don't do symphonies. It' snot that I'm uncultured. I like seeing plays (and in fact intend to try to see them more frequently in the future), and the one opera I saw entertained me as well. And it isn't that I don't like music; I like a wide variety of music, including some classical music. And it isn't even that I don't appreciate and recognize the hard work that goes into composing and producing a symphony. But, it's a sad, simple fact that my attention span won't allow me to put up with 2.5 hours of music with nothing else to do. Not even lyrics to sing along with!

Tonight I went to see the Peabody symphony orchestra. An ex-coworker from honda's son plays piano, exceedingly well. (When he was 12, he played with the BSO, or something along those lines. He also currently attends Curtis, which, I'm told, is on a par with Juilliard.) And he played with the PSO tonight, so I went along to show my support (it was only $18 dollars... or so I thought; it also cost me time out of my life that I can't have back.) He was like a pop tart: cah-raaaaaaazy good! He was; he's very talented, and so were all the people who played their various instruments along with him. But after the first hour or so, I was longing for a gameboy, or a pen and paper, or a friggin' stick of gum. something to do besides listen to music. I was so bored, and it was so not my bag. Ugh...

Anyhoozy, tomorrow the grand master of my tai chi school is coming to my particular school for a seminar, so that'll hopefully be cool. Also, construction of my costume's buster sword should be commencing, so that should also fall under the "cool" category. Incidentally, I'm apparently a short, fat, lying, spooge spewing and cleaning, pony-boy hobbit. So take that home and chew on it; it's delicious. Oh, and the picture (that I'm guessing will have appeared at the top of this post, but I'm not 100% positive because I only recently found out how to post them) is of the guy I'm being for halloween. Note the abnormally large sword; do you think he's compensating for something?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home