Sunday, January 15, 2006

YAY!

My titles are starting to have less and less to do with my actual subject matter. In this particular instance, I don't really have anything I'm 'yaying' about on here. But 'yay' just seemed to fit, so there you have it.

I was going to go to a show tonight; try to hold onto some of my rapidly-fading youth. I was going to see a singer named Imogen Heap. (Think of Kylie Minogue's beats, Poe's voice, and Bjork's quirkiness... I read about her in the local paper and was intrigued by her throwing off of different record labels and producing her most recent album on her own.) I bought the CD yesterday, and it was cool; kinda dance/techno/trancy/things; but when I got to the place tonight, the show was already sold out, so that was kind of disappointing. (I primarily blame my unwillingness to wait in line in the biting wind for a performer I'd barely heard of.)

And then, I saw a commercial on TV tonight for Veronica Mars, and it's supposed to be guest-staring a band called "The Faders." And they were chicks (I prefer female vocalists infinitely more than male vocalists) and the ounce they played of the song sounded okay (punk/pop, but more towards the pop-end of the spectrum (unfortunately)), so I tried to look them up. The only thing I found of theirs on the web was on the Veronica Mars soundtrack! I thought every band had a website these days; even the ones that weren't popular, much less one's that actually are getting on TV! But I was apparently mistaken. I was able to hear the entire song though, and it was decent, and the main reason that I'm writing about them here is because if they do achieve a moderate amount of popularity and actually release a CD of their own, I'd like to have something to remind me of their existence so I can check for it every once in a while.

Other than that, things is pretty much the same. I have no fewer than five friends in relationships that I don't think they're happy in. And every one of them seems stubbornly intent on staying in it. So, you know, that's wonderful.


(PS: I just went to amazon.com and did find that The Faders have a full-length import CD, so I'ma see about getting that in the next few days. I know you all were worried.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home