Thursday, May 03, 2007

Wow, 2 months

That's how long it's been since I've gotten to post here. Life has been hectic. It makes a big difference, switching from working 20 hours to working 40. I guess that makes sense, but I never really thought about it. I feel as though my free time is virtually non-existent.

What time I do have to myself is a mad-cap effort to juggle role-playing, martial arts, spending time with my girlfriend, keeping up with my friends, the occasional TV, and the even more occasional time to myself. Role-playing has largely consumed my world, and I'm fortunate that Siddy likes it too, because that eliminates at least one contest for my time. I'm playing pretty much every week these days (one group in bel air that I play in, and one in towson that I run), and a chunk of the weeks in between is spent working on the adventure for the towson group. I'm actually going to let some of those players guest-DM for the next few months, partially to give the newbs some experience at it, but mostly to rest my creative juices. To be honest though, I'm not sure how well that'll take. I've spent so much time lately on RP stuff, that I'm not sure what I'll do when I have a break. We'll see.

I talked to my brother about trying to save up and buy a house together by his 21st; that's about 1.5 years away, and I think we could do it. He and I probably wouldn't be the best of roommates, but I can't think of anyone else offhand, and we are blood. I wouldn't want to live with a stranger either. So, we'll see how that goes. I need to get out of the house, but rent is ridiculous these days, and mortgages are worse. I don't know how people do it. Even if all of my existing bills were paid-off, I'd barely be able to afford living on my own.

I'm hoping to transfer to the forest hill branch when it opens in the fall; that should help a bit timewise, even if it's only in being able to get to martial arts sooner. Of course, I'm (theoretically) starting classes towards a business degree at towson in the fall, so there goes that extra bit of time. I guess this is growing up. I don't like it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home